3 days in Luang Prabang - day 1



I only knew the day before that we were going to Lao again - this time it was Luang Prabang and not for a visa (last time).




Luang Prabang airport was old style and very small - I got a visa on arrival (not been asked about my race recently) and then got a new SIM card for the telephone - for Swarm and Instagram.



Our first stop was the Lunagprabang River Lodge and we went out for a walk after having a quick shower - on returning we found that the safe was not safe.




We were adjacent to the Mekong River and it was a quite spectacular site - lovely.


Then something for lunch - we found Zurich Bread Artisan Bakery - delicious.


Then we wondered through the town - a lovely place and very interesting.


We visited a Wat nearby - Wat Suwanannaphumaha - very nice.



Then Wat Xieng Thong.



We all needed a drink so we stopped at Belle Rive - a wonderful view here.



On returning to the River Lodge my family had showers whilst I had a beer.


Then my wife was contacted by a friend and we moved to a place that they had in the village - Dennie's - next to the Celadon place.


Then it was time for dinner at La Rosa - a wonderful Italian Restaurant - then an early night because we needed to get up for the monks...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.