Pud Jor Chinese Temple


I have always celebrated how much I enjoy visiting the Chinese Temples scattered throughout Phuket and it was no until I saw a post by Wings Phuket that I understood that the alter at the back of the Shrine has another purpose.

Photograph courtesy of Chen Ming Qi Micky
The photograph above is a photograph of Pud Jor Temple and the ritual outlined below being performed.

the alter is directly to the left of this
under here
There is a culture of belief that parents will bring their child at one month old to the Temple to ask the Khuan Im Pud Jor Goddess for good fortune for their child. Walking under the alter is also a way of exorcising any 'bad luck' from the same child.





View Chinese Shrines in Phuket in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.