Lunchtime in Bangkok


The longer I am in Bangkok the more I enjoy taking the River Taxi - apart from when I get an enormous splash that is though... Got the River Taxi at Witthayu Bridge and travelled to Phanfa Bridge.



My first stop was the Pom Mahakan - a fortress around the old city of Bangkok. On researching this I found that there is a community living there who is under threat of eviction...



Then I walked on to see the very impressive Wat Ratcha Natdaram Worawihan
วัดราชนัดดารามวรวิหาร - a really quite beautiful place here I could wander around indefinitely.



Then behind I saw Loha Prasat Metal Castle - โลหะปราสาท - this was definitely impressive and I believe that it is the only Metal Castle in the World?



Then it was time to enter into Wat Suthat Thepphaararam - วัดสุทัศนเทพวรารา - this was peaceful - certainly a place to enter for reflection.



On leaving the traffic was busy as it circled around The Giant Swing - เสาชิงช้า - which certainly has an interesting history and the original is no longer there, worth looking at.



Then I entered เทวสถาน (โบสถ์พราหมณ์) Dhevasathan (Brahmin Shrines) and it was a set of 3 temples - but we were not allowed to take photographs inside - that's why there are so many for sale on the Internet...



Then it was time to return - back past the Victory Monument - อนุสาวรีย์ชัยสมรภูมิ - an impressive place to visit.



Then I came upon Wat Thepthidaram Worawihan - another impressive



place to visit - lunch at Once Again Hostel



back on the River Taxi...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.