Baba Weddings in Phuket - Part One - Cocktails on the lawn


On the way home one evening I saw a pink poster with some details about a Phuket Baba Wedding 
- this was something I wanted to see.

I could find very little information about it until I got a link from Jamie with some details.

On the Saturday my wife and my daughter attended the cocktail party in the Hongyok house on Thepkrasattiri Road in Phuket Town - opposite TIny Coffee.  This was a mansion set back from the road just on the outskirts of Phuket Town.

Ladies wearing very glamourous but traditional clothes were in attendance and there was an orchestra playing at the front - we were in a different world.  There was an explanation given to us from the stage but I was too taken in by the atmosphere to really tell you all about a Baba wedding.

We were introduced to the couples and their 'matchmakers' and it was fascinating - if you were anyone of importance in Phuket you were there - there were even people watching us from outside.

The wedding was the next day!
more photographs
    
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.