Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2016 - the last night


This night has always been a wonderful night for me (see the links below).


For me the centre of the chaos and a great place to watch it all has always been the Surin (or Clocktower Circle). I arrive at about 7pm and watch people gather.


Then there is the noise that comes from outside the Metropole Hotel - lots and lots and more and more - there seems to be so an inexhaustible supply of fireworks...


Then the smoke begins to get more intense and the bigger fireworks come out. I still marvel that there are so many fireworks exploding around people.


Then so many wander about with bags with full of fireworks...


I remembered my foam ear-plugs this year and was wrapped up pretty tight.


Then the sedans started to arrive and the world around me exploded 
- again, again and again.


  The thrill of being in the midst of the pandemonium is still indescribable and yes I would do it again...


The sedans passed and I tried to get a photograph but I think that I am too close (with the camera I have) so I did not get a great photograph - maybe I should stand back a little bit?


But I enjoy it a little too much...


I caught a couple rushing to be blessed by one of the possessed - this is truly wonderful. 


The circle was then covered in smoke - very different from the image above...



Previous Visits
 1) 2015 - the last night
 2) 2014 - the last night
 3) 2013 - the last night - 'fainted on the floor'
 4) 2012 - the last night - 'visit to the hospital'





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.