Happy New Year - 新年快乐



Happy Chinese New Year from the heart of China Town in Bangkok.


I took the BTS to Saphan Taskin and then onto the Orange Boat (15 Baht) to the Rajchawongse stop. 


Then the exploration began, walking along Ratchawong Road it got busier and busier - coming to Yaowarat Road there was an explosion of colour - primarily red of course.


The pavements were rapidly packed - wonderful - giving way everywhere, I gave up and walked on the main street instead.



My enjoyment continued as the amount of people also continued to increase. 



Stopping here and there I bought some T.shirts and a dragon on a stick.


Then it was time for a coffee - I found a wonderful cafe - Chata speciality coffee - it was looked like a Sino-Portugese Building and it was an exemplary setting.




And the coffee was nice as well.



Then it was time to visit a Chinese shrine to pay respect - I found Chao Mae Kuan Im Shrine ศาลเจ้ากวนอิม 觀音古廟 - it was down the small road running parallel to the Yaowarat Rd - Phat Sai Road. Then back to the main road - visiting another Chinese Shrine where we were not allowed to take photographs.



Then it was time to walk through the small alleys to reach the port.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.