PHUKET CHINESE NEW YEAR FESTIVAL 2012,
January 28 – 30, 2012, at Phuket Old Town
– Klang Road, Thalang Road, Thepkasatri Road, Phuket.
The festive highlights include
1) a procession in honour of His Majesty the King,
2) Baba Yaya Peranakan Procession,
3) journey back in time as Old Phuket turns back the clock and visitors are treated to a rare performance of a Portuguese-style stage play presented by the Thai Peranakan Association based in Phuket town,
4) local cultural showcase with colourful presentations of local culture, traditions and way of life on the tropical island paradise of Phuket, and
5) Phuket residents observe time-honoured traditions and pay homage to the highly revered Goddess Kuan Yin and other Chinese deities and guardian spirits.