Moomin to Bangkok


Moomin was a character that I remember reading when I was... so imagine my surprise when I saw a packet of wet wipes available in the local shopping mall - Paseo Park!




The Moomins (Swedish: Mumintroll) are the central characters in a series of books and a comic strip by Swedish-speaking Finnish illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts in Finland.


They are a family of white, roundish fairy tale characters with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses. The carefree and adventurous family live in their house in Moominvalley, though in the past, their temporary residences have included a lighthouse and a theatre. They have had many adventures along with their various friends.


In all, nine books were released in the series, together with five picture books and a comic strip being released between 1945 and 1993.



The Moomins have since been the basis for numerous television series, films and even a theme park called Moomin World in Naantali, Finland. Text from Wikipedia.


This became even more entertaining when I turned the corner and there was a plethora of different items with Moomin on them.



I realized the importance then of going out with only a small amount of money for coffee...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.