What’s that smelly fruit called?


Durian – I have no idea why people eat this fruit – I think it is revolting BUT so many of my friends eat it and tell me that it’s wonderful.

Every so often on my trips to Chantaburi  (my friend lives there) I am asked to bring some Durian back with me – it is at Chantaburi that the World Durian Festival in May is held.  

The Durian is a formidable looking fruit, (maybe a natural warning?) and the fruit is housed inside a skin of hardened spikes – which are certainly dangerous if it falls out of a tree and you are standing underneath.

The Durian housing is carefully split and the fruit emerges with a very distinctive smell (and taste) that reminds me of dirty socks. So the Durian always reaches my friend untouched and I never want any.

But I suggest that you try it because you might like it?


Look who else likes it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.