Phuket Heroine's Memorial Fair 2010


On the 13th of March there was the Heroine's Memorial Fair......... but i missed it - i had an excuse - it was my birthday.



              







Jamie Monk had this - The Heroine's Fair celebrates the famous battle of Thalang in 1785 when the people of Phuket forced out Burmese invaders thanks to the leadership of Chan and Mook, 2 local ladies who were later honored by the King and given the honorary titles Thao Thep Kasattri and Thai Sri Sunthorn. The fair has many food stalls, arts and crafts, performances and a spectacular theatrical performance featuring hundreds of participants recreating the history of the heroines and the battle.


1 comment:

  1. Cheers Tim,

    I'll do a proper write up on my blog sometime in the next few days. I am glad we made the effort to get there and it's now certainly on my calendar for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.