Alms giving walk with the monks



A walk with the monks in the morning was something special for me and I really think that I should do it more often.



So what is 'Walking with the Monks'? Searching the Internet there was a lot of information about this.



The alms giving is an absolute dedication to the life of the monk. It is a sense of humility that was the most inspiring thing that got me - writing this reminds me of this now.



The monks walk in a straight line and the head monk (because of age) is always at the front.



The road had a number of people waiting for them and it was beautiful. People were scattered.



"The monks are not begging for food, the monk shows humility and detachment from worldly goods. The monks are not sitting on the streets idly begging with open bowls, alms are given in the early morning and the monks walk slowly and people that want to give them food indicate this to a monk."
(text from Farang in Bangkok)
The road had a number of people waiting for them and it was beautiful. People were scattered.

There was a journey from our home into the local village. I walked at the very rear with two young boys with their 'paint buckets' which they put all of the gifts that the monks were given.

There was clearly a way that this was all done - the relationship between them both was clearly special and I felt honoured to be part of it.



There was what I believe to be a family all together



Yes it was the simple humility of being part of it - thank you to the monks who so graciously took me.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.