Banning Books in Prisons?




Okay I read a lot of books that the guests leave me for other guests and find many inspiring books (but not always).


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Traveler
The Left Hand of God


and the Kasemkij company that I work for donate many of these books to foreigners currently serving time in Thai prisons (see previous blog)


Then I read in the Bangkok Post that the Corrections Department decided to ban all books because?



"Why has Klong Prem prison banned books?"

In Thailand, it seems that although prisoners are allowed television, they are not allowed to self-educate.

I wonder who made this decision towards further penal austerity and what the thinking is behind it? Would the government care to explain?
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to write a message and reading all my text.